Thursday, 21 October 2010

Manila diaries (texts only)

It's been a while from my last update -_-'\

as I mention in my last entry, now I'm in Manila (Philippines).
btw, it's not the first time for me in Manila since I already been here quite several times during my summer holiday while I was in university.

So!!!....what I should tell about?
hm.......

There are some (or many) certain things that I really want to tell or...more like the things that I notice while I'm here...in Manila...in Philippine :)

First!
To be frank, I'm quite surprise that Philippines people does look alike to Thai people in the south of Thailand. Yup! they are sure look alike but somehow I start to be able to know the different recently.

Also, most of people though that I'm Korean or Japanese -*-
I guess....since there are lots of lots Korean and Japanese come to study English in Philippines, so no one thought that I'm Thai (so sad ;_;). Sometimes, it actually annoys me when I go to department store and being watch by many eyes because I'm a foreigner, but I have to get use to it, aren't I?

Second!!
Many things here are cheap, but A lots of things also doesn't cheap at all :(
(I compared to my daily life in Thailand, Bangkok)

A strange thing is....foods are expensive TT_TT

I went to cut my hair with my mom at one salon and doing some hand manicure for 3 hours. We only need to pay only P320. On the other hand, on my way back, I went to buy 2 bottles of coffee, 2 bottles of tea, 2 set of Chicken and one lollipop in the mini-mart near my place. I have to paid almost P500........the hell!!! /(;[];)/ _!!__!!_ =3

If I want to have a proper meal in a small restaurant, that meal would cost almost P1000. Oh! but there's also a cheaper meal as well that would be around P200-400 per person.

Books are, also, expensive.

I'm really love books, and usually collect them as one of my hobbies (which I guess...I have too many hobby =_='). Well....I went to the book store with an intention to buy some books to read for my inspiration. I found some several books that I want to buy but then when I see the price.......damn........too expensive TT_TT

For small book like 'Little Prince', it costs around p700 and for the thick novel/literature will be around P1000 up! what's make them so expensive........
(for 1000 bath in Thailand, normally could buy 2-4 books in various size)


Third!!!

Taxi and changes, let me explain about this matter *bow

1. I think...it's a custom here that they will plus P10 when you pay for taxi's fee.
2. it's a normal things when you pay and they didn't give you back your change. Some of them will give it back, but that's totally rare!!!
3. several of taxi are dangerous, so be careful when you need to get taxi << this is what a taxi driver told me by himself.

For other transports,

they have bicycle with a proper seat (hm....not so sure what they call in English, I will put the picture next time then). This one quite cheap, but they suitable for when you want to go to somewhere that near like next several block or street.

Jitney (I'm sure I spell it wrong), mostly similar to a small bus with 2 rows of a long seat at the back.

Bus, more like a tour bus for me.

and sky train, I haven't try this service yet so I can't tell you how they are.

Forth!!!!....this will be the last for his entry ^-^

A beggar and homeless
hm....how should I say, the life quality in Philippine is not really that good. That's why there are a lots of poor people....I mean....really....a lot (but not as much as in India).

So...how come I need to talk about this? That's because you need to be really careful not to dress up with expensive items or else when you walk on the side walk you might become their target. Most of the beggar that I have been encounter by so far are children and women with her baby. If you are happen to finish from shopping your groceries, they usually walk straight to you, block your way and beg for something to eat.

The thing is that....I don't think that give what they want will be the best way to help them and I really don't support people who do that. Since those people are actually healthy....I mean they are not disabled. They need to learn how to work to get money to satisfy their need.

I don't denied that in Thailand, we also have beggar or homeless, but what the different is....in Thailand, they try to work to get money or food for themselves like selling a decoration flower made from Jasmine and others flowers. Some people sing and somes doing a service job (ex: daily personal passenger, running errand, taking care of the car-park,....etc.). It's not like in Philippines that most of homeless and beggar didn't try to do anything except begging for something from people.


well....I think, these are the main things that I have been noticing so far.
see you next entry, for today....have a sweet night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment