Monday, 4 October 2010

Sapphire Studios: scam or what? [Finale]

Continue of what I left last time.....

On 2 of Sept, 2010 I had appointment with Sapphire Studio for my free makeover.
The studio location is not hard to find but also not so easy to find the entrance either. When I walk inside the guy who sit at the counter (I suppose, he's the one that talked to me via the phone) said to me nicely and ask for my appointment, Then another young lady invite me to have a seat since it is not my time yet. I kind of like this lady, she's so friendly and sound honest enough to make me comfortable about their service, this is my first impression here.

During my waiting, there is a form to fill such as which look do I prefer, what kind of make-up I like and of cause....a friend list and contact which is I prefer not to fill any names of my friends due to the rumor that I found on the internet and from my classmate experience.

When its my turn, it happens that I need to take a lift to the upper floor which is kind of a salon section. There will be another lady to see you when you walk in the salon like room. I also got an offer for drinks that I prefer (you could ask for champagne if you like). Their service will go along through the list of the customer, first it will be make-up then hair style.

Make-up, the lady who do my make-up kinds of let me down with her skill or may be I just expect too much from her. Because I did my own make-up before I coming out of my house, I expected that they might remove it and do their professional make-up, but not..... She's just said that I asked her for natural look so my make-up is totally fine, what she will do is adding my eyes brown, more colour for cheek and some on my lip (-_-').....as I said may be I expected too much.

Hair, no suggestion at all in this, a person who done my hair seems to be too tired to do anything. I thought she would suggest any new ideas for my hair but none. She only ask me which hair style I want.......another let down here. In the end of this section, the lady curl my hair for me which really unprofessional skill.......

On the photograph section, it's in another floor (again). I have to say the studio sets are not good enough compare to a studio that I have been in Thailand (and that one for students to come with their friends or family and do a photoshoot, it totally fun and more professional than this). However, the good point is the photographer is cheerful enough to make you relax...I guess....anyway it's not too boring.

I have to wait an hour for my photograph to be done, the guy who seems to be manager or maybe boss will come to call you to the room on the second floor. He will let you see the photo for a while then he will come back and ask you which photo you would like to 'purchase'.

I don't have any plan to loose my money here,
My images is well photograph but from my experience, it's not well enough to call professional so I decline his offer to sell a photo to me in a discount price.

Our argument started here, according to the contract which I have printed them out and brought along with me on that day, it said if I didn't purchase any photo due to any reasons the deposit money should be transfer or give back to me fully amount. The guys said I would get my money back but only for 1 person price (around £50, but wait! I had paid for £149), he said that the studio asked me to bring along another 2-3 friends with me for the makeover but I have come alone so I would get my money back only 1/3 of the amount that I have paid to them.

This is not the right way to do business, I argue with the guy who try to force me to buy the photo from him. So...this is the way I told him,
1.) I speak politely, told him that in the contract they ask a customer to bring along his/her friends for 2-3 friends, 'but' in the contract didn't said that customer 'have to' bring along his/her friends so it would up to the customer decision whether he or she will bring along their friends or not.
2.) In the contract, they said that the full amount of deposit money will be pay back in the case that customer didn't purchase any photo, but they didn't said anything about deposit pay as number of customer who may or may not come. So he must return my money fully amount which is £149.00
3.) According to the result of the photo that I have seen, it is not good enough for me to purchase...in easy word 'I'm not satisfy with them', so I will not buy or purchase any photo.

with this three reasons, I have argue with him for awhile before he agrees with me (or give up to get money from me). My contract will be cancel and he will transfer back my money to my account :)

Actually, this guy is reason enough for me to talk with, if anyone happen to encounter this kind of situation I would suggest that try to keep yourself claim, be polite, and make sure that your words have the weight in itself. This way you will get your money back.

In the end, I did get my money back, fully amount in my account after 2 weeks as he promise :)
.
..
...
This experience will be a lesson to me about free makeover things, it is actually some kinds of method to get the money. In the case that anyone get a phone call like this, it's better to say no unless you have a career that earn more than £20,000 per month.

I hope this experience of mine will be some useful for those who have a problem with Sapphire Studio.

see you next time :)

1 comment:

  1. My girlfriend is curretnly learning a lesson how to deal with scummers. Those scummers from Sapphire studios aka RF Marketing charged her without her permission. After unadequate response from her bank - Lloyds, she is currently on her way to the Police department.

    ReplyDelete